Vulcan OmniPro 220 Review
Vulcan is one of the newest brands to enter the welding space, especially when compared to well-known brands such as Lincoln and Miller. With that said, their welders are receiving a lot of positive reviews. Today we will be talking about one of their flagship units – the Vulcan OmniPro 220.
Despite being one of the most advanced MIG welders on the market, theOmnipro220 is suitable for both hobbyists and professionals alike. This is all thanks to a user-friendly design.
This Vulcan OmniPro 220 welder review will be giving an in-depth look at all the fine details about this welder. We will talk about the main features, as well as review the positives and negatives. Without further ado, let’s dive straight in!
- Item Weight: 77.3lbs
- Package Dimensions: 30.2 x 19.2 x 15.5 inches
- Color: Orange
- Included Components ;Accesories Included: Vulcan 180A MIG welding gun 10 ft., Gas and gas nozzle (1 ea.), cable liner,0.030 in. contact tips (2 ea.), Work cable and clamp 10 ft. with DINSE-style connection, 200A electrode holder and cable 10 ft. with DINSE-style connection, Ar/CO2 flow gauge regulator and hose 6 ft., 2 lb. spool of 0.030 in. Vulcan flux core wire, 2 lb. spool of 0.030 in. Vulcan MIG wire, 0.025 in. – 0.035 in.v-groove drive roll, 0.030-0.045 in. knurled drive roll, 120V input cable with plug (NEMA 5-15P) 10 ft., 240V input cable with plug (NEMA 6-50P) 10 ft
- Batteries Included? No
- Batteries Required? No
- Dual voltage technology
- Inverter technology
- A cast aluminum drive system
- Exclusive memory feature to recall welder settings
- Not as much product history when compared to other welders (small negative)
Who is the Vulcan OmniPro for?
The Vulcan OmniPro is perfect for professional welders that need a multi-functional unit that makes it easy to complete a range of different welds.
Although we said this welder is perfect for professionals, it is also suitable for hobbyist welders. This is because of the sheer amount of user-friendly features. For example, the display screen and pre-installed programs will guide users through the process, no matter their level of expertise.
Vulcan OmniPro 220 features
Power – The latest inverter technology allows for ultimate power and efficiency. In fact, the Vulcan OmniPro 220 is powerful enough to handle even the toughest welding jobs. The welder also has a wire feed of 50 – 500 inches per minute.
Versatile – The Vulcan Omnipro 220 is a fully multi-functional welder. In fact, the welder is suitable for stick welding, DC MIG, and Flux-core. Put simply, the 220 is a three-in-one welder that adds versatility to any workshop.
User-friendly – The 220 features a 4.3 inch LCD display, advanced options, and preloaded programs to guide you through the welding experience. In fact, all that is required is to load your welding program, select the perfect option, and then get to work! This is different from other welders where you may be fiddling the controls for basic settings.
Portability – Weighing only 49 lbs, the welder can be moved from job to job with ease. Dual voltage technology means the welder can be used to with 120V or 240V connection, meaning it can be used in a variety of different places.
To conclude this Vulcan Omnipro review, we’ve found this to be a high-quality welder that lives up to expectations. If you are a professional welder who wants a premium choice for frequent welds, the Vulcan OmniPro 220 is for you.